Thursday, November 20, 2008

Our Amazing God


Today I asked my friends to pray for me, as I was attempting to fast and pray about our lack of heat. All was well until about 2:30 this afternoon when I just broke down and cried. I knew there was no persuading my dad to come and getting anyone else to come seemed impossible. I was losing hope but trying to remain faithful in God.

At about 3:00 I knew Hunter would be coming home from school and he would be coming home to a cold house, so I asked my boss's wife if I could leave because I had to find a way to get it fix. In my head I was going to do it myself. She said I know money is probably an issue here but we have a heating guy that is reasonable. She called for me and we made an appointment for someone to come out.

I left work at 4:30 and to my surprise when I got home the house was warm. It felt as if the heat was on. When the furnace guy came I made a comment on how warm the house was for two day without any heat and he agree with me. I then knew than that God was providing us warmth and comfort.

It is now very warm and toasty in our house. I am thankful for my friends and most of all I am thankful to a loving and merciful God.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi Dawn!!

Glad you started a blog too!! I'm also very glad your furnace got fixed and all is well!!